Interested in copyright and the creative sector? Applications are now open for an intern to join our CLNZ Board.
The CLNZ Board is advertising for an intern to join our Board. The position is for someone between 18 and 30 years of age who is seeking governance experience through working with a highly skilled group of Directors in an established business. The intern will also gain key insights from being involved in a relatively rare organisation structure of commercial non-profit.
As with other Board appointments, the Company has looked at gaps in its knowledge and skills and identified that an appointee who can contribute to the Board’s understanding of te ao Māori and/or Pasifika peoples will be valuable.
Why a Board Intern?
This appointment process – the first time in its history that CLNZ has recruited a Board intern - is being undertaken by a working group of the CLNZ Board, comprising the Chief Executive and one of the independent directors. The new appointee will attend their first CLNZ Board meeting in May 2021, having completed an induction process prior to that date.
Expectations of the Intern
- Bring a fresh and dynamic perspective to Board discussions and decision-making
- Be keen to learn about effective governance
- Attend all Board meetings during the term of the internship (the Board meets in February, May, August and November each year, usually in Wellington or Auckland)
- Fully participate in the Board’s discussions and abide by the terms of the Board Manual and the company’s constitution, including on matters of confidentiality and any conflicts of interest
- Attend an induction session with the CE and Board Chair prior to the May meeting.
In addition to reimbursement of any travel and accommodation costs incurred in order to attend meetings, a meeting fee of $500 per meeting (plus GST or less any withholding tax, as appropriate) will be paid.
The initial term of the appointment will be 2 years. Read more about the position here >>
You can view a copy of our current Strategic Approach here >> (this is referred to in the above document).
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter that explains your interest in this position, to email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 25 March 2021.