If your business, association or industry body needs a simple, efficient way to maintain compliance with copyright law, this licence is a great fit.
If your staff are copying from books, journals, magazines or overseas newspapers, then this copyright licence is for you. For less than the cost of one book per staff member, you can simplify your copyright law compliance.
Here's an overview of what's covered under this licence.
What material can you copy?
- Material that originates from a printed book, journal, magazine or overseas newspaper (sometimes called hard copies)
- A scanned or digital copy of an original printed version
How much can you copy?
- Up to 10% or one chapter of a book (whichever is greater, including pictures and graphs)
- Complete magazine and journal articles (one per issue, more if on the same subject)
- Overseas newspaper articles (five per issue, from online or hard copy)
How can you share this material with staff?
- Password protected intranet sites (eg. staff portals)
- Handouts, briefing notes and staff compiled worksheets (printed and digital)
- Interactive whiteboards and screens
Simplify your copyright law compliance
This copyright licence provides comprehensive permission to re-use printed material sourced from books, textbooks, journals, magazines and overseas newspapers.
Compliance with the law: staff will no longer need to obtain re-use permission from each publisher. No need to renew permission when licences expire, or to manage large quantities of complicated licences. And no need to remove material because re-use permission can’t be obtained.
Risk management: as a licence-holder, your organisation will be indemnified against legal action by owners of material included in the licence. Licence-holders have access to free copyright education material and our help-desk.
Support authors and publishers: licence fees fund authors and publishers to continue to produce information you need to train your staff.
Pricing and licence period
Pricing is based on your number of FTES (Full Time Equivalent Staff), making copyright compliance a predictable fixed cost.
The Commercial and Associations Licence can be activated for the first time at any point throughout the year, and is issued for the period January to December. Renewed at the beginning of every year, all you need to do is update us with your staff numbers and we'll take care of the rest.
A discount is offered for not-for-profit/charitable licence-holders.
A copyright licence that meets your needs.
Our Commercial and Associations Licence is designed to meet the needs of business, associations and industry body organisations.
- Full copying of out-of-print works in some circumstances.
- Free assistance with your copyright licence inquiries through our help desk.
- Free training material. Check out our resources page to download copyright awareness material or contact our Business Development Manager to discuss other training needs.
Is your organisation an industry representation body?
We can work with you to bring the benefits of a bespoke copyright licence to your industry.
Is your organisation an education or training provider?
We have other licence options that might be more suitable. Take a look at all of our licensing options here.
Find out more
To learn more about the Commercial and Associations Licence or discuss your copyright needs in more detail, please contact our Business Development Manager.
For in-depth answers for all your questions, visit our Knowledge Base